Scroll down for NEWS


South Simcoe Physio
briscofurniture.com

madhunt.com

Follow madhuntdotcom on Twitter

The Evolution of  
Advertising!

Dr. Cam

Trillium Ford

'Discarded cigarette' cause of Tecumseth Pines house fire

Posted August 10, 2018

A fire in the Tecumseth Pines community south of Tottenham yesterday afternoon is believed to have been caused by a "discarded cigarette."

New Tecumseth firefighters were called to the scene at 12:12 pm and found a working fire at the rear of the housing unit, which spread into the roof structure. It started on the attached rear deck attached to the house.

There were 25 firefighters involved, including support from King-Schomberg Fire.

The fire was deemed accidental and caused approximately $100,000 in damages.

No injuries were reported and the home was in compliance with the Ontario Fire Code for smoke and carbon monoxide alarms.

Click here to report typos/errors or send Letter to the Editor.


All stories, unless otherwise noted,
by Tony Veltri

Web
Analytics